1) the pan dulces that my housemate made.
2) the song "Do Right Woman, Do Right Man" by Aretha Franklin. "They say it's a man's world, but you won't prove that by me."
3) This interesting use of statistical analysis. (Put aside your hang ups with the reinforcement of the gender and sexuality binary for just a moment while you read this).
4) I told a woman at the diner today about how drafty my house was, because it's so old. She said "You've just gotta get some caulk. Lots of caulk. Get a whole lot of caulk, find the places where the holes are, and stick that caulk right in there."
5) Seeing a group of children walking home from school in small town, rural, upstate NY, all wearing purple.