Friday, November 26, 2010

Dog is Already Dead

1) I like how I managed to remember to bring my sourdough starter with me when coming to visit my parents, but not my computer.

2) Watching the mountain lions at the Bergen County Zoo with Kevin. They really wanted to eat this baby that was watching them, it was great.
2.5) Being at the Zoo reminded me of this youtube video.

3) The delicious salad that I made for Thanksgiving yesterday: baby spinach, apple, cranberries, toasted walnuts, bleu cheese, and maple balsamic vinaigrette.

4) Staab Family fun. Last night I picked up a deck of cards called "Great Looks at Great Books" (or something like that) and decided to count how many I'd read. My sister, dad, mom, and uncle followed suit. Anna then remembered the Facebook note that's been going around with BBC's list of 100 most loved books, and we decided to go through them to determine how many of them each of us had read individually, and as a group. Our powers combined, we've read 62% of those books (our weaknesses were science fiction and cheesy novels). From there, Anna suggested that we play charades, acting out some of the books. All of us seemed open to the idea of guessing, but only my dad really got into acting them out.

Here we have him acting out Anna Karenina (This is just before he falls over and writhes on the floor imitating her suicide):And here he is acting out "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings:"


5) Paranoid Parrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment