Monday, November 8, 2010

Soak It Up

1. The pull-through when parking. You know what I'm talking about. It means that I don't have to demonstrate my shocking lack of backing up skills.

2. Earlham College staying true to its awkwardness. I had the opportunity to visit Earlham this weekend, and was lucky enough to walk into the coffee shop just as the Quidditch team was naming who was in which Hogwarts house. Soak it up, Earlhamites, never again will you be surrounded by that much weird all at once. Unless you move to Yellow Springs.

2a. Speaking of Earlham and awkwardness, I am a fan of
Sarah Clinton McCausland's Look at This Fucking Earlham.

3. What should be a 9.5 hour drive only taking 8.5 hours. I don't know how that happened, but I like it.

4. The Census. Or, more specifically, our Census Lady. Somehow, our house was randomly selected to be part of a more in depth census study. Of course, it is a household with four twenty-somethings living in intentional spiritual community with a very small shared income. She had to call her supervisor to try to figure out what to do with us. She also apparently has taken a personal interest in us and our well-being, as the last time she came to visit she brought us clothes and kitchen chairs. I credit this to her generous nature, not her thinking that we all wear shitty clothes and sit in shitty chairs. Thanks, Census Lady.

5. The Midwest. I'm really glad this sky is still there, even though I hadn't seen it in five months.

No comments:

Post a Comment