Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Cat Named Felix, a Cat Named Seymour, and a Watermelon

1. This interesting use of timelapse photography.

2. Internet ads being used for good causes.
I was on lastfm, pointlessly looking over the stats of the music that I listen to because I didn't want to go to bed yet, and I noticed an ad the corner. It was showing slides of the "Top 5 Least Romantic Gifts Ever." It listed scrunchies, a shark calendar, perfume samples, a gym membership, and then said "Click to Expand Window For #1." So I clicked, because they asked me to. A window came up and showed me the video that you can see here. That's some damn good advertising.
(I'm not trying to tell you to get the vaccine. Even with the vaccine, you can still get certain kinds of HPV. Get the vaccine if you want, but mostly be safe, get tested, and make sure who ever you're bumping uglies with has been tested too.)

3. Being realistic about our expectations for politicians. First of all, they're politicians, not magicians. I have my qualms with Obama, sure, but we gotta remember what the guy was given to work with. Whether you were a Bush fan or not, I think it's fair to say that things were already looking gloomy at the end of his term (who/what you attribute that to is not for me to tell you). It's my opinion that Obama has done relatively well, all things considered. Check out "What the Fuck Has Obama Done So Far?" and think about giving the guy a break.

4.

No comments:

Post a Comment