Sunday, January 30, 2011

On a Related Topic

1) I'm visiting my parents for the weekend, and last night we decided to watch a movie. We watched a VHS recording off of the TV of Notting Hill, complete with TV ads. The movie was taped off the TV in 2003. One of the ads was introducing text messages. Crazy. Then, after the movie, the news came on. It was covering the story of the February 15th Peace Rallies - the largest world wide protest in history, which I participated in with friends in NYC as a 14 year old. It was so interesting to see the way that the peace movement, and the imminent war on Iraq, was presented in the media. It made me think about how we might look at this time in history eight years from now - what will cell phones look like and be capable of then?

2) On a related topic, check out this news clip from 1994, right when the internet was gaining ground: the Today Show January 1994

3) Found these pictures in my iphoto, taken at Sunplash in August of 2009. Never before seen, because for some reason I chose not to put them on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment