Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spring Will Happen

1) Homemade apple sauce. It is so easy to make, and so delicious. You get some apples, you slice them up (you can peel them if you want to), you put them in a pot with just enough water so that they don't burn to the bottom (depending on how many apples, a cup should do), you turn on the heat, you put on a lid, and you check it and stir it every so often. Add some cinnamon, brown sugar, and nutmeg. Cook it until it's apple sauce.

2)More animal pair pictures from National Geographic here.

3) Melting snow. I know that spring will happen, even though I've forgotten what it's like, even though it feels like it's been winter forever.

4) Battlestar Galactica. Last night, after four long months of war, I finished the series. Years from now, when I look back on this time, I will remember it as the Winter of Galactica. I'd never watched the show, thinking that I was too cool for sci-fi outerspace shows, but I was so wrong. It is probably one of the best shows I've ever watched.

5) I got three responses to my request for your favorite songs about growing up. They were:
- Dammit by Blink 182 (from Jeffrey Holiday)
- When I Grow Up by the Pussycat Doss (from Isa Mise)
- Circle Game by Joni Mitchell (from Hallie Cranos)

6) Guilt free out of season / non local fruit. This week we got free grapefruit from a school, and free grapes that were part of the still life in my watercolor class. I love free food, and I love it even more when it's stuff that I wouldn't get to eat otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment