Monday, February 14, 2011

Bloody, Meaty, Beating Messes of Fear.

1) "I don't know any MTFs or FTMs. I barely know any Ms!" - Felisa

2) My mom and sister watching this video. 3) This music:
- Helplessness Blues by the Fleet Foxes
- Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People
- Frank AB - the Rural Alberta Advantage
- Monster - Kanye West and everyone else
- Rose Garden - SHAD

4) I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but I'm not a hater either. There's nothing wrong with giving some pretty or edible (or both) things to someone you love. There's nothing wrong with giving gifts to your friends and family instead, or buying them for yourself! So many different kinds of love could be celebrated by this day if we choose to do so. I like some of this article, particularly the last paragraph:
But real human hearts are not gaudy, cast in gold or made of chocolate. Real human hearts are bloody, meaty, beating messes of fear and emotional flux. Cheap chocolatey sentiment distracts us from the fact that very few of us are truly alone. We have friends, communities, networks and families to rely on and live in a superabundance of human pleasure, passion, consolation and commitment. There is room for all of us, whether partnered, single, or in more complicated arrangements, to find love and fulfillment.
I'm super grateful for all of the wonderful people that fill my life. And for chocolate on clearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment