Thursday, February 24, 2011

Doing Childish Things

1. the Rowntree Clearness Committee, helping me make my big and small life choices in person, on the phone, and on the internet.

2. the SPENT challenge. I went the waitress route and just barely made it through. Couldn't type well enough to be a temp.

3. A large group of teenagers came into the diner today. I really enjoy teenage banter, so it was good times. At one point they were singing "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" (remember that age when doing childish things was kind of cool because you aren't really a kid anymore and it feels special?) and they tried to sing "If Helen is the best, clap your hands!" They couldn't make a rhyme with "best," though, so it petered out in an anti-climatic way.

4. Two text messages I received today...
From Laurel: What poem talks about poetry being like water?
From Natalie: What is Lady Gaga's real name?
Like I'm wikipedia.
I don't know what poem talks about poetry being like water. I try to avoid poetry about poetry. Lady Gaga's real name is Stefani. Stefani Germanotta.

5. Two fold: I like painting birch trees and I like peeling away the tape from the borders. Super satisfying. Illustrated below

No comments:

Post a Comment