Thursday, March 17, 2011

Deep Fried Watermelon

Yes. I've changed the colors of my blog. This was the only way I could find to deal with the strange blue-link phenomena. Maybe I'll try to change it back later. What do you think of the blue?

1. Happy St. Patrick's Day! I like the muppets, and I like the song Danny Boy, and I like that these guys sound a lot like what a large group of Irishmen in a pub sound like when they start singing. Which they do.

2. I have fond memories of St. Patrick's Day. Two years ago, I was lucky enough to be in Dublin for almost a week for the holiday. It was pretty insane. Here's a picture of us singing with strangers on Temple Bar (taken by Hallie):
Last year, I drank beer on my roof with friends, and tried to think of foods that no one would ever deep fry. We then googled each food, and found that, indeed, someone had deep fried them.

This year, I was amused by the St. Patty's Day display in Wegmans. You might not be able to see it, but that's a fountain of green liquid pouring constantly from a keg (it also has a loop of cheesy Irish songs playing):

3. This video by Flushing International Highschool students made in response to a racial hate crime at their school.

4.  More Back to the Future pictures here.

1 comment:

  1. love the muppets. perfect. and the blue is nice.

    ReplyDelete