Wednesday, March 30, 2011

the End is Near, Eat Some Vegan Desserts

1. Hyperbole and a Half! I really enjoy all of her stories, but the most recent one, the Scariest Story, had me chortling. And I rarely chortle at things I read on the internet.

2. While writing this, this song came up on shuffle. It's one of my favorites by my favorite band, the Mountain Goats.


2.This website that enables you to send an e-mail to yourself at a given time - assuming of course that you have the same e-mail address in however many years. And that e-mail is still a form of communication that we use. And that we're all still alive. The cook at the diner says that the rapture will begin by the end of the year, so maybe you'd better not waste time writing an e-mail to your future self.

3. I'm not vegan, I'm not even vegetarian, but I really love reading vegan blogs and trying out new vegan recipes. Here's another good one: Post Punk Kitchen.

 4. On the subject of delicious vegan food, two of my favorite vegans have recently started vegan baking companies in their respective cities. So if you're in the Chicago area, check out the Mixing Bowl Bakery. If you find yourself in the Atlanta area, be sure to try some goodies from the Kandai Cakery.

5. 

2 comments:

  1. YES! Thanks for reintroducing me to that site. Someone sent me a link a while ago to "Dogs Don't Understand Basic Concepts, Like Moving," and it had me laughing the whole way through. And I fully support anything that makes you chortle. Like most people, I assume. :D

    ReplyDelete