1) At the Diner yesterday, a mom and small child (probably around three years old) came in. The mom let the little girl order for herself, and when I asked her what she wanted to drink, she said "some honey juice." The mom explained to me that that was something she made at home - warm water and honey - and then started to explain to her daughter that you couldn't order that at a diner. I told her that you totally could. So I made my first cup of honey juice. As they were leaving, mom asked for a to go cup for the rest of the drink, and the little girl said "Yeah, a cup with wings!" So yesterday I made my first cup of honey juice, and then cut little wings out of extra receipt paper, and taped them onto the cup.
2) Finally. A horror movie about a tire. It's about fucking time.
3) Kevin Richardson, this South African guy, can cuddle with lions. I don't really feel the need to cuddle with lions myself, but I think it's cool that he can. There are a lot of videos on youtube of him, and this one is kind of a compilation of them.
4) This poem by Shel Silverstein, documenting perfectly the reason why I struggle with insomnia:
Last night, while I lay thinking here,
some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
and pranced and partied all night long
and sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there's poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk that test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow taller?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won't bite?
Whatif the wind tears up my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems well, and then
the nighttime Whatifs strike again!
4) This is gonna be a cheesy shout out to my readers. I don't actually know how many of you there are, but I'm really grateful to all of you who do read this, and who let me know that you like it. Especially those of you who read and enjoy this blog even though you cannot watch videos for whatever reason. There are some days when I don't really feel like I like anything, anything at all. Knowing that some people are checking for new posts, and will pester me if I go too long without posting, forces me to think of things I like. And there are always things I like, in the end. Cheeseballnuts.