Friday, March 25, 2011

My Dad is Cooler Than Your Dad

1. Tune Yards' "Bizness" video

2. This optical illusion.

3. Another great better book titles.
4. It snowed again and I've been sick, but this morning I was joined in bed by three puppies, and that was pretty great.

5. Alright, first watch this video and get offended:
And then watch this video, and feel a little better:
 
I know that this isn't a thought blog, but I would be interested to hear people's opinions about Alexandra Wallace. After posting that video, she received threats, was harassed, and eventually decided to discontinue her study at UCLA. You can read more about this, from two different opinions, in the NY Times and the Huffington Post. I certainly agree that Alexandra Wallace's video was racist, offensive, and generally just plain stupid. But I think that the appropriate response is exactly what Jimmy Wong (there was a piece on NPR about him) did - point out the ridiculousness of her statements and render them powerless through parody.

No comments:

Post a Comment