Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gesundheit

1. Second hand clothes shopping! I'm not a big shopper. I don't go to the mall for fun. But I do love thrift stores. Fancy "vintage" stores are okay, but when I'm in a bad mood, I need Salvation Army. I need Goodwill. I was raised sifting through moth ball scented clothing to find the perfect sweater. I thrive on that shit. It is where I feel at home, where the bad music plays and that woman who can't stop sneezing looks at Christmas decorations behind the glass case for ten minutes, preventing me from checking out. It's where I find angora sweaters for three dollars.

2. iTunes genius playlists are often hit or miss. Today I hit a Blondie genius playlist, and I hit it hard.

3. I had to roll down the window today! I was too warm! Too warm! Next step: green. Please, God, I want green things so badly.

4. I've mentioned oyster mushrooms before. If I had unlimited funds, I would spend my time trying to find the perfect recipes to do justice to oyster mushrooms. Tonight, I modified this recipe a little, and it was delicious. Of course, I didn't make my own pasta. I used white wine instead of vermouth, used earth balance instead of butter, and added some diced onions and sun dried tomatoes. The tomatoes gave the whole dish a smokey taste, so if you don't like that, don't do it. Also, I'm not sure what that 15 cloves of garlic is about... maybe he grows his own garlic and has very small cloves. I used six fairly large cloves.

5. Another interesting internet tool to look at distribution of wealth, this time specifically in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment