Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Here's something that most people don't know about my toenails

1. A gardening store on the side of the road had a sign that said "Hooray! It's spring! Well, sort of."

2. Today a family from my meeting came into the diner and brought me daffodils.

3. Thunder storms.

4. I gave up biting my fingernails for lent. Even though Easter has passed, I'm trying to not bite them all that much. But thinking about it reminded me of something that one of our youth attenders once told me:
"Here's something that most people don't know about my toenails: they're free range. They're happier and taste better in the end."

5. Today I babysat for a nine year old who decided to make a game out of getting me to laugh. Doesn't take much when you dance like that, little guy.

6. Yesterday I was dropping Anna off at Ithaca College where she's auditing a class, and this small dorky looking college girl walked across the crosswalk with two nerf guns, a strap of amo, and a bandana tied around her arm.... zombies vs. humans!  That shit went down at Earlham too, and although I did not participate, making fun of those who did provided endless entertainment. It's nice to know that there are people like that everywhere, and that they have enough friends with similar interests to play such a game.

7. I think this might be the best sing/scream along with in the car by yourself song I've encountered. It's super cheesy, which is what makes it so perfect. I was inspired by a scene in Friday Night Lights in which Lyla sings/screams along to it in her car. I decided to try it for myself, and Lyla Garrity was right. 

8. There are tumblrs for everything. Here is a tumblr where someone puts mustaches on gifs from tv shows and movies.

9. National Geographic's photo of the day. It's almost always amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment