Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why couldn't fall movies come out in the summer?

1. With all of my bitching about winter and cold and snow, I forgot that I also don't really like summer that much. It's hot. I really like the idea of summer. I like summer activities: watching baseball, drinking beer and mojitos, blizzards from Dairy Queen, sleeping late, fireworks, fireflies, the ocean, thai burritos, the toppings that get put on hot dogs and hamburgers, seeing movies that you wouldn't normally see but you see now because it's summer and in summer you go to the movies. I also like to complain about the heat, being bored, having to shave regularly, sand all up in my business, sun burn, and not being able to find bathing suits that contain what must be contained and also look attractive.
I also like summer music!
Here are some songs that make me think of summers past:
- Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root, and basically any song from their album When I Woke
- the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. Also the Now and Then soundtrack.
- Ride Wit Me - Nelly
- Little Plastic Castle - Ani Difranco
That's all I can think of right now. What songs remind you of summer?

2. the Swing Project

3.
 4.

1 comment:

  1. All local music from Ithaca reminds me of summer, because of the Ithaca Festival and Grassroots. The Sim Redmond Band, John Brown's Body, The Makepeace Brothers, Oculus (back in the day), Kevin Kinsella, Donna the Buffalo, so many others.

    And I completely agree about Send Me On My Way!

    ReplyDelete