Sunday, July 24, 2011

One day it will get stuck like that

1. I just spent a good chunk of time cutting up and jarring some herbs I'd dried from my garden, and now my hands smell like dill and oregano.

2. The NY Times feature on same sex marriage in NY. The marriage equality act went into effect this weekend, and the NYT has pictures and stories and is accepting picture submissions from New Yorkers.

3. The above reminded me of this quote from 64 year old Republican New York State Senator Roy McDonald who voted to pass the marriage equality act:
"You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn't black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing. You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, fuck it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing.  I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I'm trying to do the right thing, and that's where I'm going with this."

 4. Heart warming whale saving.

5.  This artwork is really cool, but it makes me think of centipedes.

6. I'm fairly certain that I make this face most of the time.  When I was in fifth grade my teacher told me that if I kept on making this face then when I got older I would have a permanently furrowed brow due to wrinkles. There are worse fates.
picture by Jill Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment