Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Noms, Sexual Health, Music, Rainbows, Rowntree, Stick Figures


1. I continue to love Hannah Hart as much as I can love a person that I only know through drunken youtube videos, twitter, and some interviews.

2. Yesterday I was lucky enough to be invited (which meant it was free) to go to Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes' 43rd Annual Celebration. It was great to hear about the work that Planned Parenthood is doing, even while under attack from politicians. The keynote speaker was Leslie Kantor , who gave a great talk about the potential to improve sexual health education in our country. The whole thing made me want to be more actively supportive of Planned Parenthood. You should support them too, if you can. Donate, volunteer, be an activist, or simply be one of the millions of people that utilizes their resources.

3. Before going to the above mentioned event yesterday, I was a little anxious. I knew there were going to be a lot of people there, and that I wouldn't know anybody, and would have to either stand in a corner by myself or actually go up to strangers and talk to them. Both horrifying prospects. But as I was driving, this, my favorite song by the National (and my theme song for every fall), came on the radio:
Please note, I have idea what is with this video. Just listen to the song.

4. It rained a lot yesterday, but there was this lovely rainbow:

5. I got home last night to find a huge package from Chez. I didn't know what could possibly be so big, until I opened it and found Teddy Gunn, mascot of Rowntree House. He sure was a sight for sore eyes.
My unparalleled joy.
Teddy Gunn with the Rowntree portrait.

6.  Draw a stick figure.

2 comments:

  1. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren’t? ¯t afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart.

    buy chantix online

    ReplyDelete