Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall

1. Any day that involves hot apple cider.

2. I've seen a lot of beautiful places, but upstate NY in the fall might be the most beautiful. The feeling I get when I see hills of colorful trees reminds me of when I was little and eating bubblicious gum. Remember bubblicious?  Well, bear with me for this comparison. I loved that gum so much, and thought that it was so tasty, that I was always tempted to chew all of the pieces at once, because I just could not get enough. My mouth was not large enough to contain as much gum as I wanted to experience. Fall makes me feel like my eyes cannot take in enough of the beauty, no matter how hard I try.
See the resemblance?

3. Please consider donating to my sister's school on Donor's Choose! You can help them to buy a program that will not only provide the entire school with no books, but specific materials to bring the students up to the standards for literacy that many of them have been deprived of up until now. Give a dollar. Seriously. Think about how thoughtlessly you spend a dollar on a parking meter, a candy bar, a cup of coffee, and then put one (or more) of those dollars towards this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment