Thursday, October 6, 2011

That sauce would probably be good on anything.

1. Acorn squash is not my favorite squash. Every week when I pick up my CSA, I get an acorn squash, because, well, it's there, and already paid for. I mentioned to my friend Ginny that I now had all this squash and I didn't know what to do with it. You can roast it with brown sugar, which is pretty good, but it's not great for soups. Anyway, she gave me this recipe. And OH MY GOD. It was one of the most delicious things ever. Try it out: roasted acorn squash with chile vinaigrette.

2. I found these dead dried out flowers at the farm where I pick up my CSA. I took 'em home and put 'em in an old beer bottle on my dresser. They make me wish that I had a better camera and more photography know how.



No comments:

Post a Comment