Tuesday, January 17, 2012

drinkin' carrots

1. I've gotten back into smoothies (I used to do a lot of smoothies when I was in High School, but broke the habit in college). I hope to drink a smoothie a day, and I'll buy different frozen fruit to make a different kind every week. This week: frozen strawberries, banana, greek yogurt, a little apple cider, and carrots. Yes. Carrots. I did some reading about smoothies and it said that you can add raw carrots to smoothies and you won't really taste it. It's true. If anything, they made the smoothie sweeter and richer, but I wouldn't have been able to say "I am drinking liquified carrots right now" if I hadn't made the smoothie myself.
I haven't been measuring but here is roughly what I've been doing:
About 3/4 a cup of yogurt in the bottom of blender
One banana
1 cup frozen strawberries
About 1/2 cup cider
About 1/2 a cup chopped raw carrots
Blend. Drink. That's about four servings of fruits and veggies in one delicious snack.


2. I've watched this twice and it made me tear up both times.

3. I can't stop thinking about Weekend, the movie I talked about in the last post. Seriously. Watch it. I'm considering watching it a second time myself.

4. Tia, for being the most dedicated soup maker I know.

5. Chez, for being Chez. Happy Birthday, girl. 
Spring 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment