Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"has anybody felt everything?"

1. Trying to explain gangs to a 7th grader, I mentioned that the Bloods are a nationwide gang. She said "So it's like Petsmart?" "Did you just ask me if the Bloods were comparable to Petsmart?" "Yeah, well, they're like everywhere."

2. Jenny shared Old Man Search with me. The explanation is "My dad is 81 years old. I'm teaching him how to use the internet. I told him twitter was how to search things on Google. These tweets are what he's searching." I can't help but laugh, and then feel like a terrible person. Poor guy. He just wants his free veterans haircuts. 


3. If you haven't watched Girl Walk / All Day yet and don't have slow internet as an excuse, the time is now. Do it. Never has anything made me feel so consistently good about the world. There are new segments released every Tuesday and Thursday. Each time I think that it can't make me feel as happy as the last one did, and each time I am (joyously) proved wrong. 


4. I posted about Rick Perry and his silly youtube video a while back, and all of the hilarious parodies that followed. I failed to include the fact that the jacket that Rick's wearing in that video (a video in which he hates on gays) is remarkably similar to that worn by Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain (a movie about one gay cowboy lovin' on another gay cowboy). My dad is convinced that someone on Rick Perry's publicity team must have known, and was playing a prank and/or sabotaging it.






5. Colin, my platonic electronic life partner, because I can gchat him to call my phone when I can't find it,  and it will be understood that once I do find it, we will continue our conversation on gchat, not the phone, because I hate the phone.

6. Ever tried to take pictures of fireflies? I have, and it's damn hard. Check out these pictures taken in Japan using a slow shutter speed.



No comments:

Post a Comment