Tuesday, January 3, 2012

learn people better

1.


2. Woody Guthrie's resolutions from 1942.

3.
4. The Obliteration Room.
More pictures here. Artist's site here.

5. I like making lists. At the end of every year, with the help of itunes and lastfm, I make a list of the songs that I listened to the most that year, and record it diligently in my journal. Here's 2011's list. I will make a spotify playlist and share it later.

1)   Never Quite Free – Mountain Goats 
2)   I Don’t Want Love – the Antlers 
3)   Scorpio – Dutchess and the Duke
4)   Under Mountain, Under Ground – the Lighthouse and the Whaler 
5)   Kiss Me Again – Jessica Lea Mayfield 
6)   Civilian – Wye Oak 
7)   Blacberry Stone – Laura Marling 
8)   I Made a Resolution – Sea Wolf
9)   Haystacks – the Cave Singers 
10)                  My Heart is a Drummer – Allo Darlin’ 
11)                   Love the Way You Walk Away – Blitzen Trapper 
12)                   Strictly Game – Harlem Shakes 
13)                   Like Water – Ladi6 
14)                  Record Collector – Lissie 
15)                   I And Love And You – the Avett Brothers 
16)                   Never Had Nobody Like You – M. Ward 
17)                  Skinny Love – Birdy 
18)                  First Love – Emmy the Great 
19)                   Little Talks – Of Monsters and Men 
20)                   Love Love Love – Of Monsters and Men 
21)                  Half Light II (No Celebration) – Arcade Fire 
22)                  You and I – Lady Gaga 
23)                  My Oh My – Macklemore and Ryan Lewis 
24)                   Swim Club – the Cave Singers 
25)                  Dylan – Emmy the Great 
26)                   Turning Tables – Adele 
27)                  Please Move – Bad Books 
28)                  October – Broken Bells 
29)                   Land of the Bloody Unknown – the Middle East 
30)                  Wild Feeling – Ezra Furman and the Harpoons

No comments:

Post a Comment