Sunday, January 15, 2012

night-sledding

1. I watched this movie this weekend (it's on Netflix Watch Instantly). Here is the NYTimes Review.

What I have to say about it is this: this is what movies could do. Or should do. I won't recommend it to everyone, it does deal with explicit content (no full on nudity, but some sex scenes and plenty of talking about sex), but it was honestly one of the best movies I've ever seen. It was well paced and honest without being exploitative. I teared up at two different points but I never felt like I was being emotionally manipulated, or that the content was unrealistically cheesy. It talked about the experience of homosexuality in a way that I've never really seen in movies, but it wasn't just about being gay. There was a little more recreational drug use than I would have liked, but still. Worth watching.

2.

3. I just went night-sledding in 1 degree weather with my 13 year old housemate, and it was great.

4. “I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”  - Harun Yahya


No comments:

Post a Comment