Remember Rules for My Unborn Son? Well I've been working on compiling a list of rules for myself. They're all rules that I already live by, just thought I might as well write them down. Here's what I have so far:
1. Always leave the party right after you've had the most fun.
2. Tell the people that you love that you love them. Especially before hanging up the phone.
3. Never say "I love you" if you don't mean it.
4. You don't have time for people who don't have time for you: 3 strike rule. (This is mainly about potential friendships/relationships. Established friends don't count).
5. Have time for the people you care about.
6. Always replace an empty toilet paper roll, or inform someone of the situation.
7. Leave a space better than you found it.
8. If you say you'll do something, do it.
9. Know who your friends are.
10. When it comes to doing the right thing, pretend that money doesn't matter.
11. Don't loan money if you can foresee resenting it if it's not returned. Also, think about your motivations for your generosity.
12. Always be stronger than they think you are.
13. Don't take naps after sun down.
14. Unplug everything before going away for more than 24 hours.
15. Homie don't play that game.
16. Keep in touch.
17. No caffeine after 5pm if you have something you need to get up for in the morning.
18. If you hurt someone's feelings, apologize for it (your intention should never be to hurt someone, so if it's an accidental/unavoidable effect of your intentional/necessary actions, apologize for the effect, not the action).
19. Offer help even if you doubt that you can be helpful.
20. Ask questions. Listen to the answers given.
21. Change them with kindness.
22. Bring food to share.