Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sharing is Caring

Okay, SOPA and PIPA are bad news. Sign this petition. 
If you want to know more about this issue, check out the online guide to SOPA.
Here is an Open Letter to Washington from Artists and Creators.




Some bloggers are abstaining from blogging today in an act of protest. Instead, I am going to share music with you! The internet has changed the way that we experience music. It means that I can swap new songs with people I've never met, in countries I've never been to. It means that bands that no one would have otherwise heard of are able to grow and spread their music. SOPA means censorship, not an end to piracy.
There are plenty of wonderful and currently legal ways to share music. I finally figured out how to make playlists on Spotify permanently available, so here are all of the Rowntree season mixes that I have made since graduating from college:
1. Summer 2010
2. Fall 2010
3. Winter 2010
4. If I Had an Orchard - Spring 2011
5. Hey! Must Be the Money! - Summer 2011
6. Leaves Become Most Beautiful - Fall 2011
7. Better Year - Winter 2011

Here are some of my other playlists that are also available:
- Honey Badger Don't Care - Best of Rowntree (as of Spring 2010)
- We Outta This Bitch - Rowntree 1 Year Graduation Anniversary
- Good Songs, Good Claps, Abridged
- Good Songs, Good Claps, Extended
- Songs I Listened to the Most in 2011


PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SOPA, PIPA, AND INTERNET CENSORSHIP. DO WHAT YOU CAN TO STOP IT.
and listen to music while doing it

No comments:

Post a Comment