Monday, January 23, 2012

the things we sacrifice for love

1. Not too shabby.


2. My dad is the best.
I went to visit my folks this past weekend for my dad's birthday. He wanted us to go to an Indian buffet and then to see the Artist. Planned it all out. Saturday morning, we woke up to find it snowing quite a lot. My dad would not be discouraged. We piled in the car and drove, 30mpr on the highway, passing 4 cars that had spun off, until we got to that buffet. Dad walked up to the spread of various Indian dishes, looked down at them, and walked back to me with the biggest grin on his face. "I'm in heaven," he said, and then went back to serve himself.


3. In the movie theatre, a preview for "W.E.," the movie about Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII. I'm not particularly interested in that movie, but when the trailer finished a man behind me said to his wife/girlfriend/partner: 
"It was the greatest love story of the 20th Century, you know."
 "Really?" she asked. 
"Yeah, when you think of all they gave up in order to be together..." 
He paused for a few moments and then said "No, ours is the greatest love story. You gave up Long Island."


4. (thanks, Q-Shack)







No comments:

Post a Comment