1. Latia, pretty much the only person I know who still sends chain joke e-mails, sent me this gem (my favorite bits are where it explains that a centipede is a 100-legged bug, and then "YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS" right before the punch line):
The Talking Centipede
A single guy decided life would be more fun if he had a pet. So he went to the pet store and told the owner
that he wanted to buy an unusual pet. After some discussion, he finally bought a talking centipede, (100-legged bug), which came in a little white box to use for his house.
He took the box back home, found a good spot for the box, and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to church with him. So he asked the centipede in the box, "Would you like to go to church with me today? We will have a good time." But there was no answer from his new pet. This bothered him a bit, but he waited a few minutes and then asked again, "How about going to church with me and receive blessings?" But again, there was no answer from his new friend and pet. So he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the situation.
The guy decided to invite the centipede one last time. This time he put his face up against the centipede ' s house and shouted, "Hey, in there! Would you like to go to church with me and learn about God?"
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS ......
This time, a little voice came out of the box, "I heard you the first time! I'm putting my shoes on!"
2. X-Files. Did you know that the entire series is on Netflix Watch Instantly? I've seen a number of episodes before, but I'm watching it straight through with some friends and we're coming up with a drinking game (we don't actually drink while watching, we just shout "shot!" when something from our list comes up). So far we have:
- Every time someone mentions Africa.
- Every time there is rape subtext.
- Every time Mulder touches someone inappropriately or glances at someone's chest.
- Every time Mulder and Scully get too close.
- Every time there is a human nest.
3. I often post poetry by Mary Oliver on this here blog, she is one of my favorite poets. I found out today that she is seriously ill. These folks have made a blog for fans to write notes to Mary about what her work has meant to them.
4. A wonderful mom's thoughts on her seven year old son telling her that he's gay.
5. On a related note to #4, say gay.
FCKH8.com: The "Teachers Can't Talk About Homos" Law from FCKH8.com on Vimeo.