- The only reason you can think of that two dudes would share a sleeping bag is to keep from freezing to death? That's hetero-warm-ative!
- Your bro tells you he just got some sweet action and you assume it was with a chick? That's hetero-score-mative!
- Refusing to interpret any of your culture's myths as stories about queer relationships or queer sexuality? That's hetero-lore-mative!
- Assuming that a man and a woman wearing matching pullovers are a couple, but two women wearing matching pullovers are just BFFs? That's sweater-onormative!
- Another horror movie about an awkward guy who becomes a serial killer and gets revenge on all the girls who rejected him by gruesomely murdering them? That's hetero-gore-mative!
- Explaining why lightning strikes by describing attraction between different electrical charges, then drawing a metaphor to sexual attraction between different genders? That's hetero-storm-ative!
- Assigning college students to same-sex roommates on the assumption they won't be attracted to each other? That's hetero-dorm-ative!
3. It's long, but this is a worth reading article about the murder of Trayvon Martin. The article aims not to provide commentary, but a picture of what went down, who was involved, and the specific context of the event.