Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mint & Chocolate

1. Today was so hot and gross so we went out for ice cream. I got a brownie sundae made with minty chocolate ice cream. Best decision I made all day.

2.

3. Better Off Ted. Somehow I missed this show when it was on tv, maybe because it has a terrible title. Apparently most people missed it, because it was cancelled after only two short seasons, but it is honestly one of the funniest tv shows I've ever seen. And it's on Netflix Watch Instantly!


4. 
On the Necessity of Sadness

Let me tell you about longing.
Let me presume that I have something
new to say about it, that this room,
naked, its walls pining for clocks,
has something new to say 
about absence. Somewhere
the crunch of an apple, fading
sunflowers on a quilt, a window 
looking out to a landscape
with a single tree. And you
sitting under it. Let go,
said you to me in a dream,
but by the time the wind 
carried your voice to me, 
I was already walking through 
the yawning door, towards 
the small, necessary sadnesses
of waking. I wish 
I could hold you now, 
but that is a line that has
no place in a poem, like the swollen
sheen of the moon tonight, 
or the word absence, or you,
or longing. Let me tell you about
longing. In a distant country
two lovers are on a bench, and pigeons,
unafraid, are perching beside them.
She places a hand on his knee
and says, say to me
the truest thing you can.
I am closing my eyes now.
You are far away.

- Mikael de Lara Co

No comments:

Post a Comment