Saturday, August 4, 2012

it ain't going backwards

1. My sister is visiting! It's great. We've watched x-files, eaten ice cream, played with Baby, eaten birthday pavlova, gone gallery hopping, wine tasting, and gorge swimming. It's awesome to spend time with my sister, and this is also kind of a farewell tour of Ithaca for me - gotta revisit all of my favorite places and see the ones I haven't gotten to yet!


2. Um, orphaned kangaroo and wombat that are best friends... it's so great when the universe knows what I need and delivers. 

3. A lot of the time Jon Stewart provides a voice of reason that is missing in a political or social discussion. He has totally fallen short, however, in the Chik-Fil-A controversy. It's not about what the owner of Chik-Fil-A believes. I couldn't care less what he believes. It's about donating money to organizations that promote, and practice, the idea that you can pray the gay away. Or torture, shame, and guilt the gay away. Anyway, that aside, I appreciated what Jon Stewart said recently about the "millions" of people who showed up to support Chik-Fil-A on August 1st:
“For people who are gay or support gay marriage, I get how seeing thousands of people come out to make this statement is incredibly disheartening. But take solace in this: Gay marriage is happening. Like many drive-through window lanes, it ain’t going backwards. And your bonus is this: You get gay marriage, and all your political opponents are going to get is Type 2 diabetes.”


4.



5. 
source: A Girl's Guide to Taking Over the World

No comments:

Post a Comment