Monday, August 20, 2012

The Cinnamon Roll Fairy

1. You can listen to this song while you read the rest of this post:

3. The lovely Ms. Emily Healy visited this weekend. We haven't spent more than a few hours together in about four years, but from 6th to 12th grade we were nearly inseparable. Good to be reunited.

4. Last fall, at the Ithaca Farmer's Market, I purchased the best cinnamon roll I have ever eaten. It was huge, $2.50, topped with a creamy filling like the kind used in cheese danishes, and when I bought it the man heated it up for me. Every time I went back to the Farmer's Market since then, I've searched in vain for this cinnamon roll. If I hadn't been with a friend when I first ate it, I might have doubted the existence of this cinnamon roll man/fairy. I asked around, and no one knew who he was. I gave up any hope of eating the most delicious cinnamon roll ever again.
AND THEN this Saturday I took Emily to the Farmer's Market, and WHAT SHOULD I SEE but the cinnamon roll man. I was so excited I had to walk away at first and gain my composure. I got my heated $2.50 cinnamon roll, and it was just as good as I remembered it. Unparalleled joy.

5. These pictures by Vadim Trunov are out of control.

6. Tonight my friend Colin helped, via gchat, as I agonized for way too long on a basic job application related e-mail. Once I finished, I decided to go buy myself some sushi from the co-op as a treat, and bid farewell to Colin. I drove downtown, but just as I was walking into the co-op I reached into my purse to find that my wallet was missing. I took this as a sign that I was meant to save my money and eat leftovers tonight, and texted Colin to tell him my tale of disappointment. Colin responded, "Will they take a credit card over the phone? Dinner's on me if they will!" What a friend.
(My wallet was on my bed when I got home, and I had delicious leftover curried lentils and a fresh salad for dinner).

No comments:

Post a Comment