Sunday, September 16, 2012

300th Post!

Hi friends. Today I'm going to list some things that I'm liking about living in Boston.

- Being within walking distance of most things I need.


- Passing an average of 3 community gardens every time I walk around Jamaica Plain.


- Being within walking distance of a handful of my favorite people, including my kind of sister. I haven't lived in the same city as one of my siblings since childhood, so this is really great.


- So much diversity everywhere. Including diversity of dogs. I've seen every kind of dog. 


- There are loads of art museums and other interesting places.

Yesterday I went to the Institute of Contemporary Art, and it blew my mind.
Here are some of my favorite pieces:

A fantastic collection of work by Os Gemeos, Brazillian twins Otavio and Gustavo Pandolfo. 
There was this piece in the museum:

No Fundo De Mar E Respirar Mas Facil (It's Easier To Breathe at The Bottom of the Sea)

And then this piece on a building we passed on the way to the museum:

And then my favorite part, a huge installation by street artist Swoon. The ICA has a huge glass elevator, and as you rise, you can see this fantastic hanging sculpture that continues all the way up to the top floor. On the first floor, we discovered that pieces of the sculpture trail into the lobby, leading to this mural. It's just the coolest thing.

1 comment:

  1. Since you liked that installation so much, I bet you would also like Claire Morgan's work: http://cdn.booooooom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/claire_morgan_01.jpg

    ReplyDelete