Saturday, October 27, 2012

Paper Bag Princess

1. Sometimes I think I should only listen to music sung by people with Scottish accents.


2. Trigger warning, but this open letter from Melissa Harris-Perry about being a survivor of sexual assault is succinct, beautiful, painful, and liberating all at once. It's under three minutes and it is a must watch.  If you don't have the ability to watch videos, part of it is quoted below the video.

3. I like this list. It's a little harshly worded - maybe the title should be "21 Things People Say or Do Regarding Weight and Food Consumption that Don't Help Anyone At All."
In summary:

4. My halloween costume! I was the Paper Bag Princess. I realized too late that I didn't get any full body pictures of myself. 
Here's what I've got:


I'm particularly proud of the crown. If you're not familiar with the Paper Bag Princess, it is a fantastic children's book about a princess who saves the prince, while wearing a paper bag (her dress was burned off by the dragon). 

5. Bros on Broadway. Typical bros go to see a broadway show and review it. Priceless. (Thanks, Natalie). 




No comments:

Post a Comment