Monday, November 12, 2012

Some songs I've been into recently.

This list kept getting longer, so I provided a little information about each song. If you don't feel like listening to all of them, maybe my articulate descriptions will help you prioritize.

There is way more music where this came from, but I got tired at twelve.

1)
Music Genre: Rap
What I Like About It: Lyrics
And my subconcious telling me stop it
This is an issue that you shouldn't get involved in
Don't even tweet, R.I.P Trayvon Martin
Don't wanna be that white dude, million man marchin'
Fighting for our freedom that my people stole
Don't wanna make all my white fans uncomfortable
But you don't even have a fuckin' song for radio
Why you out here talkin race, tryin' to save the fuckin' globe
Don't get involved with the causes in mind
White priveledge, white guilt, at the same damn time
So we just party like it's nineteen ninty nine
Celebrate the ignorance while these kids keep dying


2)
Music Genre: Electronic/Dance
What I Like About It: the part at 1:51

3) 
Music Genre: Indie Pop
What I Like About It: the chorus
"I know you don't believe me"

4)
Music Genre: Icelandic Indie Pop
What I Like About It: I honestly don't even know what he's saying. I just like the way it sounds.

5) 
Music Genre: Scottish Indie Folk
What I Like About It: It's got that build up and in unison chorus that feels like home.

6) 

Music Genre: Okay actually the only thing I knew about this song was that my sister loves it. I just looked it up and discovered that this dude won American Idol. Gwamps.
What I Like About It: Again, it's got that build up. I'm a sucker for build up. Also any song that makes Felisa pretend to play the spoons.

7) 
Music Genre: British Indie Folk
What I Like About It: It came up on a spotify radio station, and Natalie and I looked at each other, me with an "I love it!" face, and Natalie with a "What the hell is this?" face. Been listenin' to it since.

8)
Music Genre: Scottish Folk
What I Like About It: The chorus at 2:36. Also, I wasn't kidding when I said a while back that I was considering only listening to music by people with Scottish accents. 

9)
Music Genre: Scottish Indie Rock
What I Like About It: Scottish accents. Lyrics. The chorus.
I'm not ill, and you're not dead, doesn't that make us the perfect pair?

10)

Music Genre: Indie Rock
What I Like About It: It's just so good.

11) 

Music Genre: Electronic Indie Pop
What I Like About It: It's just so catchy!
12) 
Music Genre: Indie Folk
What I Like About It: How many contemporary songs have a harmonica interlude?

2 comments:

  1. You should think about liking these things. And they should be on your blog. Partly because I don't have an awesome blog of my own.
    http://emergencycompliment.com/
    https://twitter.com/EmergencyPuppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty cool anonymous comment- I have a similar anonymous comment from because I'm ostensibly a different person: http://calmingmanatee.com/
    Please know that I am only posting these comments because you and your blog are awesome. I will not be in the least bit offended if you decide to remove them. But seriously, manatees

    ReplyDelete