Wednesday, March 20, 2013

There there

1. Good public health education. In Mississippi, sex ed teachers can't demonstrate how to put on a condom, so this educator has found a way to get around that:

2.
more from Ruby

3. I made a soup this week that was very successful. I was particularly pleased, as I didn't have recipe and winged it. It was a miso soup, kind of like this, but different. First off, Stop and Shop didn't have straight up miso paste so we bought the little packets of instant mix. I also roasted the tofu with a little soy sauce, sesame oil, and minced garlic before putting it in the soup. Used dried shitake mushrooms from Maggie, as well as a stir-fried onion with garlic and more ginger. Used the whole bunch of kale. So good!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found a use for some of those Shiitakes!

    ReplyDelete