Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Quakers, sculpture, poetry, Basia Bulat



1. The Quaker music video, What Does George Fox Say, conceived and directed by Ben Guaraldi is out! If you haven't seen the original, What Does the Fox Say, check that out first. Some folks have watched this video and didn't realize that I was in it. I am. I promise.

2. These are so amazing, I can't even say anything. More by Rabarama here.


3. Watch this poem please! Thank you.


4. I saw Basia Bulat, one of my favorite singers, last Friday. It was a very small venue, and Laura and I were right in front of the stage. It was a little awkward to try to take pictures, because she was standing about 4 feet in front of me.

It was a great show. She's very talented, obviously, but was also just incredibly genuine and humble and just the best. I got a little teary eyed when she sang 'Tall Tall Shadow' and made eye contact with me as I sang along. Just so great. 


 
When she got off the stage she gave me a hug!
As we watched her receive accolades from her adoring fans, Laura said that she wished she could have drawn her while she was playing. You could draw her now! I said. So she did.
 And Basia noticed! She was very flattered and complimentary of Laura's skills.
All in all one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Stay tuned in the future for tales of seeing Lissie live in NYC.




No comments:

Post a Comment